Don't see the question you need answered? Send us an email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is Bland, VA and how do I get there?
Click on the map to get directions to Bland from your location.
When should I arrive on race day?
We will "open the gates" for registration and check in @ 7am, Saturday morning. All riders go out @ 8am.
What do I need to do once I get to Bland?
1. If ariving by car, park in one of the designated parking lots that you can find on the event map.
2. Go to the "Registration / Check In" desk (also found on your event map) and check in to receive your rider's bib, ride wrist band, some cool swag, and other key info.
3. Be at the starting line 10 minutes prior to your ride time (preferably with your bike and a helmet).
Is there some sort of map of the area for the day of the event?
What a great and convenient question! Yes, there is a map layout that will help you get acclimated once you arrive. Download it HERE.
How will I know where to go once my ride starts?
Great question and we have several ways for you to get this info:
1. Check out the rides in advance on THE ROUTES page.
2. Download the RidewithGPS app, search "Tour de Bland" to find all the courses, and take your phone with you to track your progress.
3. Follow the road markings throughout each course. Each turn has a minimum of (2) warning markings before the turn and (1) straight validation marking after you make the turn that look like this:
Make sure you only follow your the color markings that match your route. You will receive a colored arm band at check-in to help you remember which route markings you are looking for. Watch out for other cautionary markings during the ride as well.
Will there be food available?
Yes! Energy food and sports drinks will be provided to all registered riders before and after the race at the start/finish line AND during the event at the sponsored pit stops along the routes. Afterwards, all riders are encouraged to head down to Lord's Acre Sale to enjoy the local music, food, and crafts atthe Bland County Fairgrounds.
What happens if it rains?
As they say, "the show must go on." The ride will not be rescheduled due to weather.
What if I get hurt?
We @ the Tour de Bland keep safety first and foremost! There will be Emergency Medical Responders (EMRs) at the Start/Finish line, at every pit stop along the routes, and in a SAG vehicles out on the courses. We also have the Bland County Rescue Squad on alert and aware of the event, ready for quick response.
Your check-in package will include a small card with a list of emergency contacts in case you get injured during the ride. We suggest you bring a cell phone along with you. In either case, EMR's and the SAG vehicles will be along shortly.
Can I cancel my registration or transfer it to someone else?
Registrations may be canceld but not refunded; however, they may be transfered to someone else. Shirt sizes may be altered in time to fit the new registrant, so the earlier the transfer is made the better. Contact email@example.com for registration changes.
If you have any other questions not covered here, please feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get the answered as soon as possible.